Sunday, May 5, 2013

What Then?

We're all in the Election Hype! To me, BN has pretty much shot its own foot in the month leading to the elections. I've always told people that if BN had just behaved itself and remained quiet, then the folks would be able to at least have a shot at something.

But no, that's not how they work.

They had to have all the free concerts.

The free food.

Free beer.

Bangladesh imports.

With taxpayers' money. No guilt, no conscience. They're exactly what Paul described in Romans 1:28,

"Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. "

BN, you've imploded and shamed yourself so much. Not only that, you make use of people who are desperate to make a living. How low can you go?

Apart from this whole BN thing, I'm not quite sure what happens if we do change the government. Will things be better, remain the same, or become worse? Most of us are putting so much hope in this election. We're looking at the dealer and saying, "You know what? I'm going all-in on this one."

 Swim or sink, do or die, now or never.

But.

What if BN retains power? What if expectations are not met? What if the country remains in chains of injustice and corruption?

What then?

I don't know what will happen, but for me I have this one comfort: God.

Some may say it's some made-up image in my head for me to go to when I'm feeling down, but that's if God is fiction. The facts for God is true and so He is real. God is moving.

I may not know what happens, but I know God knows, and I know He has His hands wrapped around this country. Whatever happens, He's there. 

And that.

That's my comfort.

I don't know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to grey.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what lies ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.



No comments: