Friday, February 29, 2008

When Schools Follow Weird Quotes

"It's better to be a has been than a never was"

Hmm.... when I first saw this quote, I was frowning. "How the heck did this quote get so famous?" My first impression of the quote was like you're trying to console yourself by saying, "Hey dude, it's okay! At least you were a has been!" Turned out sis' explanation was like bombarding another person by claiming he/she was never what you accomplished. Probably GBS noted this quote when they had to think of a motto for the school. They're not practically "The Better School" and the grammar is already wrong in the motto. "How can you be better than the best?" was Hwei's reason for the bad grammar. They might be the better school last time but certainly not now. Hence, the quote! Perhaps the better quote should be,

"It's better to be a still is rather than a has been"

Now all I have to do is hope some famous dude look at my blog and popularize this quote.

No comments: