Monday, February 18, 2008

More reasons why we should learn English

It was during Physics class and the teacher wasn't very fluent in her English. She likes to put 'S' at places you shouldn't put and it is really obvious she needs English classes.

Example one: She told us, "If you late pass up your book, then I'll chop you leg" Wow.....chop my leg if I pass up late? Turned out she meant 'late' instead of 'leg' and she continued, "If pass up late some more, then I'll chop both you leg".. I think she wasn't joking at all eh?

Example two: She was giving us a Chinese proverb that meant something like do not look at someone's outward appearance only, because the person might be talking bad about you at the back so look at both sides. It was alright and stuff, but when she translated it to English, it was, "When you look at people, must look at people's backside". Oh my, I couldn't keep my mouth closed after that statement, literally. It became the phrase of the day for me after that, looking at people's backside! Anyway, not sure what other interesting words she gonna come up with... Physics as Psychic? Nononono, I meant sai-chick.

No comments: