Monday, January 19, 2009

How Does It Feel...

When someone ignores you? It's like you're halfway talking to that person and he/she just goes away without apologizing or giving any reason. The only thing they leave you with is confusion and disappointment.

It feels bad and sucky right?

That's what we do sometimes, or most of the time, to God.

We read His word, maybe a paragraph of two, ponder upon those words, and before even finishing the chapter, we fall asleep. Or we go to bed, pray for a while, and before even finishing the prayer, we fall asleep.

To be honest, I've done it before. Sometimes, I sleep even before I start praying. Somehow it just bad doing that to God, the one who did a lot for me. I'm just ashamed I can't spend a few minutes to talk to Him without my eyes half-closed.

Now, for the question that always comes:

What are we going to do about it?

Make it a point to spend time with God and to be alert when doing so. Don't get Him disappointed.

3 comments:

mau said...

hmm... i dun think i ever done that before but whenever i terpesong, i would concentrate on wat's really necessary and leave those unnecessary 1s out... pray with ur heart, not with ur brain... ^ ^ haha.. hope it helps..

saun said...

yup. but the disiples did it too. spirit is willing, body is weak!

saun said...

disciples