Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 2...

Of DMSJ! For those who do not know, my apologies. DMSJ is a quiz held every year between 4 churches, that is Daya (Johor), Melaka, Shah Alam and Johor again. Because this year would be the 10th year of the quiz, we decided to have a camp. There you go for introduction. Perfect summary of 10 years. 15/15 marks. Well done, Shaun!

We had a baptism ceremony in the morning. It was my first witnessing a baptism ceremony held at the sea. 5 candidates being baptised, and I knew none of them. If only it was done at the 4th day or I had taken the initiative to know them for the previous DMSJ's, then personally it would have been a happier experience watching them. I did not know them, and therefore I can't help but feel I couldn't really share in their happy moment. I was happy for them, but could have been happier. Sorry there.

Anyway, congratulations to those salty ones baptised in the salty sea. Had morning worship after that and Unc Jason Fong shared his first sermon. Felt it was good and funny and applicable. I've heard him speak about 3 times already before the camp, but his 3 days sermons were really good! It was also fun to meet Siehjin (the guy singing in my cbox) and Christina. They came to our youth before to share about not being complacent. I shall not type more about that. We only absorb 20% of what we hear. That was 20%!

Yaya, we had workshops! I attended the 1st two on '7 reasons why the Bible is true' and the one on the Old and New Testament, so I chose the CSI: Philemon instead. Watching too much CSI, I thought Unc Jason would bring out a body and teach us how to inspect the body. But nah, he took out the bible, turned to Philemon, and taught us how to inspect that particular book. It was done very detailedly and he literally left no words unturned. Philemon became nomelihP.

Had Survivor Game in the afternoon. We discovered that Jun Yi was Keanu Reeves and could do those 'bend your back 90 degrees' stunts. Expected more games, but there was only one. To be honest, I was disappointed a bit, but then we ended up playing football on the beach so it was good in the end; Those that preferred sleeping slept, and those that preferred playing played!

That's all!

2 comments:

Me-lvin said...

It's DMSK by the way, not DMSJ, hahahah!

saun said...

wat'd DMSK??