Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This is...

Blog post 100! Anyway, it's been long since I updated this blog. I think the last time I posted a post was when Najib was still Deputy Prime Minister. I was busy with stuff, then lazy with stuff. I could have updated it during the holidays but then my sister was using it very often and I did not want the PS2 to be left out. Something had to be sacrificed, and so the blog was.

Firstly, DMSJ camp was fun. I was not expecting anything big or superb about this camp initially. Throughout the years of DMSJ, I only know a few of every church and the thought of being with only one or two MGC-ians in a group with 11 people was kinda scary. The most dreadful part of the camp was of course the DMSJ quiz. Did not touch chapter 1 of Colossians at ALL.

I was wrong about the camp.

We were all wrong.

It was a bit scary for the 1st day, but then it gradually became alright, then fun. The quiz was not scary and dreadful at all (I even sat there counting time for my dad for the last few questions). It wasn't that bad to be number 2 actually. Roger Federer is World No. 2. Lin Dan is World No.2. Man United got no. 2 in the final. The list goes on. Anyway, like I predicted, the dorm where I slept was mainly filled by SAGC people, then Daya and lastly, Yik How and me. I thought I was gonna get ragging or something, but then it was not to be because I slept with a lot of kids. After the quiz, I got to find out I was dorm leader over all the kids.

It was an interesting concept, where you share with your leader what you learned about the day's sermon and stuff. It was a tough 3 days for me because kids are naturally hard to control and to ask them what they thought about the sermon was like asking an adult what he thought about Powerpuff Girls. The age gap was toooooooo big. These were kids ranging from standard 2 to Standard 6. With God's help though, I managed to pull it through. We talked about how high their sand-castles were, how many seashells they collected, how salty the seawater was, etc, etc. Nola, we did talk about the sermons. It was impressive that they could remember what they heard and all the more hebat when they listened! When I was in Standard 6, I was only listening to the total money in the offering bag (it was the only announcement I listened to).

Oh ya, any SAGC member reading this, please tell Joshua I said thanks ya. When I was having a sore throat and asking the kids if they had any prayer items, he requested to pray that I get well. It was very touching. For those who don't know, Joshua is the small kid sacrificed for eating the sacrifice. I think I shall stop here. I care about you. I don't want you to get tired in reading this blog and checking twice if the blog was actually www.musiquemer.blogspot.com or www.frozenstrawberry86.blogspot.com. I'll be backlogging for the next few days and try to be updated.

P.S: The 'you' refers to my eyes.

7 comments:

Elena's said...

eeek!! joshua is so cute hahahaha.

siehjin said...

this line made me lol - "to ask them what they thought about the sermon was like asking an adult what he thought about Powerpuff Girls."

i bet you were a great dorm leader. kudos to you! =)

saun said...

yaya joshua is cute.. reminds me of my brother, the size hahahaha. siehjin, not really la.. still lacking experience.

siehjin said...

well, you just gained some exp points... so guess that makes u one level up. =)

hwei said...

"When Najib was still Deputy Prime Minister". Ahahahahahaa XD

hwei said...

and apa ni, slandering my blog. ish.

saun said...

haha.. yaya lvl up! *final fantasy lvl up song*.. i'm promoting la sis not slandering!